Pages

Search & Win

Thursday, October 28, 2010

My favorite Sugar Cookie Recipe


Sugar Cookies
* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 1/2 cup shortening
* 1 1/4 cups sugar
* 2 eggs
* 2 tsp vanilla
* 2 TBS sour cream
* 2 1/2 cups flour
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 1 tsp salt
* Frosting, sprinkles, whatever  your heart desires
Beat together butter, shortening, sugar and eggs. Add vanilla and sour cream. Blend in flout, baking powder and salt. Mix well. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.

Get out your flour, the dough will be somewhat sticky. I usually throw in a hand full of flour as I am preparing my dough to be cut with a cookie cutter. Roll dough as thick as you want them babies. I like super puffy, cookies. Not the dull flat ones. Cut them in to desired shapes. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 8 minutes. I don't even let them get brown. I take them out right at 8 minutes and let them sit on the cookie sheet until the next sheet is ready to be taken out of the oven. After they cool to save time, I actually just use Pillsbury frosting, or whatever I have on hand.