Pages

Search & Win

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

So I made these last night and they were pretty amazing!
                Creamy Enchiladas!
In a frying pan saute:
1/4 cup of butter
1/2 of an onion
1 can green chilies.
**I also added a pinch of Cumin (love that stuff)
After your onions are translucent mix in:
8oz pkg.of cream cheese
1 cup of Mexican style cheese
1/4 c. of salsa
Once cheese is melted add Shredded or cubed Chicken ( I put 4 frozen pieces of chicken in the crock pot on high w/ a few spices for 5 hours then shredded it).

Place about 3 Tb. of the chicken filling in a flour tortilla Then roll it up like an enchilada and place in a 9x13 pan.
Mix together 1 can of El Pato Sauce (I couldn't find this so I just used a can of red enchilada sauce)
Add 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
Then pour the sauce over the enchiladas
Cover with 1 cup of Mexican style cheese
 Bake at 350 for 20 min covered.
Then bake 10 more minutes uncovered. Take it out when it's nice and bubbly!